Sweet potato fries are amazingly delicious. For that crunchy, sweet and spicy taste this is a snack worth a try.
- 2 Medium sized sweet potatoes.
- Olive oil. Put just enough tablespoons to coat the fries slightly.
- Salt to taste
- Pepper-sprinkle enough to taste.
- Heat the oven prior to about 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and then cut them to pieces (fry-shaped).
- Put the uncooked fries in a bowl and toss them.
- Pour a few tablespoons of olive oil to the fries to coat them slightly.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Pour the fries into the baking sheet. Make sure you arrange the fries in a single layer for each to crisp up well.
- Put the fries in the oven and bake for around 15 minutes and then flip them in order for all sides to cook properly.
- Bake them for around 10-15 more minutes for them to crisp up well. Once the fries turn from a shiny orange to a slight matte texture then you’ll know there are ready. It’s good to have the fries bake for long to ensure they are crispy and well cooked.
Our market is open every Saturday at Purdy Arms in Karen. You can get these ingredients and more organic products.