Roasted beets are known to be sweet and delightful. With very earthy and aromatic essence beets are very great for a salad. Here is how you can prepare beet salad.
- 6 Medium beets
- ¼ Cup of olive oil
- ½ Tablespoon of mustard
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar
- ½ Teaspoon of honey
- 1 Stalk of celery finely chopped
- ½ Teaspoon of salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 large Shallot finely chopped
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at about 400 degrees.
- Divide the beets in between 2 foil pieces and crimp them into packets. Roast the beets until they are tender enough about 60 minutes. Then unwrap the beets and let them cool.
- Whisk the olive oil, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl to make the dressing.
- After the beets cool, peel off the skins and cut into cubes. Place in a bowl and add the shallot, celery and the dressing. Toss well to coat and serve immediately or chilled.