A healthy soup that is quite easy to make. For all soup lovers this mouth-watering delicacy is a must try.
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- I Butternut squash (medium sized)
- I diced Red Onion
- 1Red pepper roasted
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 900mls of Vegetable Stock
- I Red Chilli
- 1 piece of Ginger
- Heat the olive oil in a pan then add the diced onion, the chilli finely chopped and ginger. Cook on low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash and let it cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the seeds from the roasted pepper and dice it slightly then add to the pan.
- Add the garlic and the vegetable stock and let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Season to taste and then serve.
You can find these ingredients and more at the Organic Farmers Market at Purdy Arms in Karen. Our market is open every Saturday from 9.00am-3.00pm.