Have you ever wanted to try something different ? Well, how about cabbage rolls for a start… Simply delicious
- 8 Cabbage leaves
- ½ 1b Ground beef
- 3 Onions diced
- 3 Garlic cloves diced
- 8 tomatoes diced
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup uncooked rice
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Can tomato soup
- 1/3 Cup tomato sauce
- Boil the cabbages until they soften. About 2 minutes and then set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Cook the rice based on the packet directions but for this one reduce the cooking time with 5 minutes so that the rice is left slightly undone. Then set it aside.
- Cook the beef with the diced onions, tomatoes and add the seasoning until no pink is visible. Add in the rice and tomato sauce. Add in the egg and stir.
- Mix the tomato sauce and soup in a bowl and spread in a pan.
- Then remove any thick stem on the cabbages and set aside the 8 cabbage leaves. Spread a cabbage leaf flat and add a 1/3 cup filling at the centre. Fold the sides and then roll the cabbage up. Repeat this for the remaining cabbage leaves.
- Pour the tomato sauce on the leaves and cover with foil. Bake for about 50 minutes and let it cool for 15 minutes before serving.