The most nourishing foods at times are those that are simple and quite easy to make. This carrot soup with ginger is just that.
- 3 Cups of vegetable stock
- 1 Pound carrot finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 Teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 Cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon of finely chopped chives
- Place a cooking pot on medium heat and melt the butter.
- Add the onions and the garlic. Cook until tender for about 6 minutes or so.
- Stir in the ginger, carrots and the vegetable stock. Heat until it boils. Reduce the heat and let it simmer. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until its tender enough.
- In small batches pour the soup into a blender and carefully puree until it’s smooth.
- Add water or vegetable stock if needed to achieve desired thinness.
- If necessary you can reheat the soup then stir in the lemon and use the chives as garnish. Serve immediately.