Cheese lovers…this is worth a try. Round, Spicy and tasty. Cheese balls make a good appetizer served with crackers. Here is how to go about this easy and classic recipe.
- I cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz softened cheese cream
- ½ cup of well diced onions
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- Salt to taste
- Sliced almonds
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- Mix the softened cheese cream with the cheddar cheese, onions, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper and add the salt to taste.
2. After the mixing form the mixture into a ball and then add the sliced almonds to the outside.
3.Chill the balls and then serve with crackers.
You can get these ingredients at the Organic Farmers Market. Our market is open every Saturday from from 9.00am-3.00pm at Purdy Arms in Karen.